CafeMedia is a leading publisher of women’s lifestyle content on sites such as CafeMom, Mamas Latinas, Revelist, and Vivala. We recently acquired AdThrive.com, a leading platform that enables high quality bloggers to monetize their content. We work with over 1500 publishers in such areas as food, home / diy, and parenting, reaching more than 90MM users every month.
A key driver of AdThrive’s growth is our effort to identify and cultivate new talent to join our network of publishers and influencers. The Manager, Publisher Development will drive this process: the ideal candidate is a self-starter who both can dive deep into numbers and data, but also craft communications that make people sit up and take notice. We are looking for someone who understands the landscape of online content creators – bloggers, influencers, Youtubers, etc. – and can quickly evaluate their business model and explain to them how CafeMedia can help them thrive. This role has the potential to expand with the right candidate.
- Lead process for talent acquisition – mining databases for likely candidates, evaluating them, and driving the outreach process, as well as helping cultivate inbound leads
- Evaluate both individual sites within already identified women’s lifestyle verticals and lead effort to prioritize new verticals to enter
- Manage market segmentation process and development of messages / tactics tailored to each segment
- Understand trends in how creators monetize their content and audiences and what competitors are offering to help inform our product and marketing strategy
- Support other strategic growth initiatives as required
- Bachelor's Degree, ideally in Marketing, Business, Economics, or social sciences
- 2+ years relevant experience in consulting, marketing, research, or digital media
- Strategic thinker – creative use of data and effective communications
- Good at quickly building rapport with stakeholders inside and outside the organization
- Self-starter with a natural curiosity and enthusiasm for learning
- Highly organized and strong attention to detail.
- Ability to create systems and processes to get the job done
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment and execute multiple projects simultaneously and independently
- Familiarity with online advertising and other forms of content monetization
- Proficient in Excel and PowerPoint; Familiarity with database tools is a plus
- Experience with research tools (e.g., comScore, Quantcast, etc.) and CRM (e.g., SalesForce) is a plus.
A competitive base salary will be offered. In addition we offer health/dental/vision benefits, 401k, life insurance, paid vacation/ sick/ personal time, and many perks.
CafeMedia is an equal opportunity employer