CafeMedia is the leading digital content company which supports and empowers more than 1,500 high-quality content creators in parenting, home, lifestyle and food categories across flagship editorial brands CafeMom, Revelist, Vivala, MamásLatinas, and BabyNameWizard. The company’s premium content collective, AdThrive, provides superior ad optimization support, the latest technology, and hands-on customer service to help its creators live their passions.
The company reaches over 91 million monthly unique visitors, as well as 350 million social followers across platforms with authentic, inspiring, shareable content. CafeMedia develops custom content marketing, native advertising, and influencer programs that connect brands to deeply engaged audiences and is a leader in providing premium programmatic solutions.
As the Director of the Account Management, you will be responsible for overseeing the team that supports the company’s advertising deals and agency/client relationships for CafeMedia. Account Managers are the primary orchestrators and strategic overseers of all advertising partner program activity from deal confirmation through campaign conclusion. The team’s responsibilities include running campaign kickoff calls, creating production timelines, tracking all internal and external deliverables to assure timely and accurate program launches, monitoring performance of all campaigns in progress, providing clients with campaign delivery reports, and recommending and implementing optimization plans as needed. This is a tremendous opportunity for an experienced manager looking for a dynamic role with a fast growing and evolving ad-supported website.
Overall Role & Responsibilities:
- Manage a team of Account Managers executing custom digital ad buys across all of CafeMedia’s owned and operated properties, AdThrive and our Audience Optimization Platform
- Improve AM team productivity by designing and implementing new protocols and procedures to streamline campaign execution from launch through campaign wrap to achieve client satisfaction and renewals
- Serve as a member of the cross-functional leadership team liaising between the Sales Operations and Sales Development teams to drive continuous improvement across execution
- Partner with internal teams to roll out and manage the sales lifecycle, from pre-sale and planning to delivery and optimization
- Maintain expert understanding of ad products and capabilities (i.e. audience extension, research, social strategy, new products, etc.)
- Oversee both internal and external kickoff calls with appropriate team members (Sales, Clients, Ad Operations, Client Solutions, Program Analytics, Product, Design, etc.).
- Serve as an additional contact and relationship manager for clients and agencies
- Responsible for developing strong and effective working relationships at all levels
Required Skills & Competencies:
- Four year BA/BS degree required
- Minimum of 2 years of management experience
- Minimum of 5 years hands-on digital account management experience at Internet publisher or Internet media buying agency
- Prior client-facing project management experience required
- A strong understanding of the digital online advertising space including understanding and/or knowledge of current industry trends, issues and solutions as well as familiarity with 3rd party ad tech vendors
- Experience and/or knowledge of viewability, in-demo and brand safety tracking
- Experience and/or knowledge of programmatic buying and audience retargeting a plus
- Proficient in DFP, DSM/XSM and online ad serving tracking and reporting.
- Strong Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Strong analytical, strategic and creative problem-solving skills
- Extremely organized and detail oriented
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment to manage multiple projects and tight deadlines