This position is remote work-from-home. Remote U.S. candidates are encouraged to apply.
CafeMedia is looking for an Account Manager to join the AdThrive team. As an Account Manager for AdThrive, you are responsible for building and maintaining strong partnerships with some of our largest publishers. You'll help them feel like they are part of the AdThrive family by understanding their business goals and priorities, identifying additional opportunities to support them and help them grow, and providing them the best level of customer service possible. You have excellent communication skills and understand how to interpret a wide range of data and information into actionable insights and recommendations.
You recognize that the people running the internet are humans who deserve to be treated well, and you want to be part of the revolution to change the way people interact online. You have a keen sense of awareness regarding the human condition — you understand that people are diverse, have different communication styles, and everyone needs to be shown love and kindness. You have heart and strive to make things better!
We’re looking for someone that understands the challenges and complexities of the industry and is excited to help empower the world's best creators and independent publishers to grow thriving businesses.You would enjoy getting to know each publisher and their site(s) as thoroughly as possible and answering any questions they may send your way.
You work well under pressure and are able to juggle tasks efficiently. You are willing to hop on video calls with publishers to talk about their businesses and work across teams to advocate for the needs of your publishers. You are a thorough note-taker, have a knack for reading between the lines to understand people, and are willing to be flexible as their needs and opportunities change overall. The Account Manager reports to the Director of Account Management.
What you’ll be doing:
- Building and maintaining awesome relationships with clients through written and phone/video communications
- Crafting thoughtful, personal responses to client questions and product pitches in our support system (Zendesk)
- Analyzing ad layouts and earnings
- Administrative/data entry tasks
- Being an active member of a distributed team via tools like Slack, G Suite, Zoom, Zendesk, Confluence, Salesforce, and more
- Communicating complex concepts simply and creatively
- Organizing data to find solutions
- Analytical decision-making and problem-solving
- On a less frequent basis, you will be expected to travel for events at least 4 times per year to meet with publishers as well as help with new client acquisition efforts
The skills and experience you’ll bring to the job:
- Excellent writing and verbal communication skills
- A knack for attention to detail and organization
- A passion for solving tough problems and proposing elegant solutions
- Strong initiative to solve problems and succeed
- A high level of comfort working in a fast-paced environment
- Great note-taking skills
- A willingness to learn new things and adapt to change
- An itch for traveling and meeting new people
- The ability to delegate tasks and recognize priorities without much input
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Understanding of people - what makes them tick, picking up what they mean even if it's different than what they said, etc.
- Data comparison/analysis and high levels of comfort with spreadsheets
- General understanding of blogging & content creators
- Commitment to AdThrive’s Mission Statement
- 1+ years experience with client management
- Solid understanding of the digital media industry (social media, SEO, etc.)
- Ad-industry experience is a plus
CafeMedia’s mission is to build a creator-first future. We empower the world’s best creators and independent publishers to grow thriving businesses for the long term. Under our CafeMedia and AdThrive brands, we manage digital advertising sales and technology and a growing number of services for more than 3,600 creators and independent publishers. We make it easy for them to focus on what they do best — produce great content.
Our passion and expertise have made us a leader in advertising and creator services. Today we rank as the 7th largest digital property in the U.S. and #1 in Food, Home, and Lifestyle--with a reach of nearly 187M monthly unique visitors in the U.S. alone.
To learn more about working at CafeMedia, visit: https://cafemedia.com/careers/
CafeMedia is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion. We believe we are most impactful when people with a wide range of backgrounds, experiences, and identities come together with a common purpose. We encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply. CafeMedia is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please reach out to a member of our recruiting team.