Sr. Content Strategist (Editorial Content Strategy)
At CafeMedia, our mission is to empower creators on the open web in all aspects of their business, including audience growth, and we're looking for a Senior Content Strategist to help us achieve that goal. In this role, you'll lead the development of comprehensive content strategies for our publishers and help them grow their audiences in new and innovative ways.
Our ideal candidate is an active and data-passionate professional with a proven track record of leading effective editorial content strategy. You're someone who yearns to work on something special and make a meaningful impact in the lives of independent storytellers on the web. You'll have the opportunity to immediately provide value by helping our publishers more effectively share their voice with their audience through data-driven insights and strategy.
As a member of the CafeMedia team, you'll have opportunities for career growth and professional development while working in a collaborative, inclusive environment that values diversity and welcomes new ideas. If you're a driven and innovative content strategist with a passion for driving growth and making an impact, we'd love to hear from you.
What you’ll be doing:
- As our Content Strategy Manager, you'll have a significant impact on the success of our publishers by helping shape audience growth strategy and execution using a data-driven approach.
- You'll use your innovative and creative mindset to help our publishers tell their unique stories and differentiate themselves from competitors using modern content technologies, publisher data analytics, and a team of internal and external subject matter experts.
- We're looking for a strategic thinker who can contribute to our larger growth strategy and act as the editorial representative for our publishers in critical decision-making scenarios.
- You'll manage relationships with external partners working on behalf of our publishers and work collaboratively with cross-functional teams to deliver measurable growth and provide publisher delight with a hands-on, team-based approach.
The skills and experience you’ll bring to the job:
- Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, Marketing, Business Management, or related field, with 5+ years of experience in marketing, communications, journalism, or related field.
- Leadership role in building data-driven content strategies and plans that successfully grow lifestyle web-based audiences, as well as enable and drive impactful storytelling that delights readers.
- Strong knowledge of content management technologies, keyword research tools, social media platforms, SEO, and Email/Identity solutions, and experience using data analytics to inform content decisions and measure performance.
- Proven ability to convey and apply strategy, with knowledge of content marketing trends and techniques.
- Strong analytical capability to determine content effectiveness, ROI, etc.
- Ability to write and present in a clear, powerful, and compelling way; be a great storyteller.
- Experience in digital content creation and distribution.
- Strong collaboration, teamwork, and communication skills.
- Submission of a portfolio showcasing relevant work is preferred.
CafeMedia’s mission is to build a creator-first future. We empower the world’s best creators and independent publishers to grow thriving businesses for the long term. Under our CafeMedia and AdThrive brands, we manage digital advertising sales and technology and a growing number of services for more than 4,000 creators and independent publishers. We make it easy for them to focus on what they do best — produce great content.
Our passion and expertise have made us a leader in advertising and creator services. Today we rank as the 7th largest digital property in the U.S. and #1 in Food, Home, Family and Lifestyle--with a reach of nearly 183M monthly unique visitors in the U.S. alone.
The base salary range for this position is $110,000-$140,000. The range provided is CafeMedia’s reasonable estimate of the annualized base compensation for this role. The actual amount may be higher or lower, based on non-discriminatory factors such as experience, geographic location, knowledge, skills and abilities.
To learn more about working at CafeMedia, visit: https://cafemedia.com/careers/
CafeMedia is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion. We believe we are most impactful when people with a wide range of backgrounds, experiences, and identities come together with a common purpose. We encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply. CafeMedia is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please reach out to a member of our recruiting team.