Sales Director, East Coast (New York)
CafeMedia is looking for a seasoned, go-getting Sales Director to join our team! Your mission is to connect our publishers with leading brands through programmatic media and branded content sales. You will own the sales process for the company: leading agency and client partner meetings, uncovering new opportunities, developing proposals, and achieving winning results for all our advertisers. This role is perfect for a consultative seller who is passionate about coming up with the best solutions for advertisers, digs into every aspect of the account and stays up to date on programmatic technologies. The ideal candidate is both right- and left-brained, someone who creates innovative concepts for advertisers and embraces analytics too. You go the extra mile because you care deeply about driving success for advertisers’ businesses and ours.
As part of a growing team, you will make a direct and immediate impact for the company. You will also play a big part in shaping our future sales strategy. We are at the programmatic forefront – offering our media primarily via programmatic channels and continuing to push the envelope on first-party data and other fronts. We have a lean team and an all hands on deck attitude. This is an excellent opportunity to show your entrepreneurial spirit and accelerate CafeMedia’s growth!
What you'll be doing:
- Driving advertising revenues via programmatic media and branded content sales
- Developing new business through prospecting and own network of contacts
- Establishing a deep understanding of our products, ideate strategic solutions based on client briefs, and put together proposal responses
- Managing existing programmatic clients and scale up our partnerships
- Packaging insights for clients and proactively identify growth opportunities based on content consumption and deal delivery/auction data
- Helping shape our sales strategy, new product offerings and agency positioning
- Working closely with internal teams to set up, manage and optimize programs
The skills and experience you’ll bring to the job:
- 4+ years in digital advertising with at least two years sales experience. Comfort with selling programmatic media and influencer/branded content preferred
- Deep understanding of digital ad sales marketplace and confidence driving opportunity in all contexts – agency investment teams, programmatic teams, client-direct, PR agencies
- True student of the media industry - advertising trends, programmatic landscape
- Proven closer of new business
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and oral
- Highly organized and strong attention to detail
- A knack for creativity
- Team player with a desire to work in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
- BA/BS degree required
CafeMedia’s mission is to build a creator-first future. We empower the world’s best creators and independent publishers to grow thriving businesses for the long term. Under our CafeMedia and AdThrive brands, we manage digital advertising sales and technology and a growing number of services for more than 4,000 creators and independent publishers. We make it easy for them to focus on what they do best — produce great content.
Our passion and expertise have made us a leader in advertising and creator services. Today we rank as the 9th largest digital property in the U.S. and #1 in Food, Home, and Lifestyle--with a reach of nearly 188M monthly unique visitors in the U.S. alone.
The base salary range for this position is $120,000-$160,000. The range provided is CafeMedia’s reasonable estimate of the annualized base compensation for this role. The actual amount may be higher or lower, based on non-discriminatory factors such as experience, geographic location, knowledge, skills and abilities.
To learn more about working at CafeMedia, visit: https://cafemedia.com/careers/
CafeMedia is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion. We believe we are most impactful when people with a wide range of backgrounds, experiences, and identities come together with common purpose. We encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply. CafeMedia is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please reach out to a member of our recruiting team.