Product Marketing Lead (Sr. Manager/Director)
We are seeking a creative, user-centric and insights-driven product marketer to work on CafeMedia's Product Marketing team. You will work at the intersection of product management, marketing communications and sales, and be focused on go-to-market strategy, product and feature activation. We want you to lead adoption efforts while deepening the engagement of our publishers at every stage of customer maturity and maximizing the value of our core and expanded products at all stages of the funnel.
The ideal candidate will have a strong understanding of digital media and advertising platforms, a track record of resilience under pressure and a vision for how we can better meet the needs of our publishers. You’ll help shape our strategic roadmap through competitive insight, product positioning and the execution of key launches that push our company forward.
In this role, you’ll partner closely with product management, publisher education, data and customer support teams to improve the experience for all segments of publishers. Our process is collaborative: You will be working cross-functionally with our senior leadership to determine the best go-to-market strategies for introducing these new product offerings to our publishers and advertisers.
What you’ll be doing:
- Collaborate with product managers on product GTM planning and ensure initiatives align with feedback from various stakeholders (Publishers, Support, Operations, etc.)
- Develop and support programs that drive feature adoption, increase customer retention, improve acquisition and help the company meet other key metrics
- Own the product release marketing calendar across the organization. Maintain a ranked release list within the calendar, from marquee to minor updates. Establish the playbook for each level of release and work collaboratively with relevant teams to successful execution of each stage of the rollout.
- Create messaging for each product and release, and work across all departments to ensure consistency of all internal and external materials.
- Research, refine, and document product-related publisher education and training curriculum by collecting feedback from customers, partners and business teams and sharing it back across the organization.
- Work with Data Insights and Data Science teams to transform insights into meaningful content for developing outbound marketing material.
The skills and experience you’ll bring to the job:
- 5-7+ year experience in product marketing, product strategy or leading publisher support in a revenue or analytics-driven environment.
- Persuasive and comfortable communicator (both written and verbal).
- Strong analytical background and understanding with the ability to distill complex, technical concepts into understandable and actionable insight. SQL familiarity is a big plus.
- Comfortable working on a web platform, with baseline knowledge of the modern web technologies involved in complex large scale tech environments.
- Deep understanding of the product development lifecycle and how to operate within product-led teams; comfort and experience working with product and technology partners
- Basic understanding of Wordpress platform, themes and plugins.
- History of executional excellence in defining and launching new solutions and initiatives into the market.
- Experience in digital advertising landscape (ad servers, RTB, PMP, DSPs, DMPs) a plus
- Excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to work independently
- At ease with engaging in multi-team collaborative efforts to provide input on product features that will yield the greatest publisher delight and adoption.
- Self-motivated individual with leadership, judgment, planning and decision-making skills. Must be detail oriented, with exceptional organization skills and ability to manage multiple projects and responsibilities
- Demonstrated prior success within a startup culture, working on cross-functional projects to launch
CafeMedia’s mission is to build a creator-first future. We empower the world’s best creators and independent publishers to grow thriving businesses for the long term. Under our CafeMedia and AdThrive brands, we manage digital advertising sales and technology and a growing number of services for more than 3,600 creators and independent publishers. We make it easy for them to focus on what they do best — produce great content.
Our passion and expertise have made us a leader in advertising and creator services. Today we rank as the 7th largest digital property in the U.S. and #1 in Food, Home, and Lifestyle--with a reach of nearly 187M monthly unique visitors in the U.S. alone.
To learn more about working at CafeMedia, visit: https://cafemedia.com/careers/
CafeMedia is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion. We believe we are most impactful when people with a wide range of backgrounds, experiences, and identities come together with a common purpose. We encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply. CafeMedia is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please reach out to a member of our recruiting team.