Full Stack Engineer - Audience Growth
CafeMedia’s mission is to keep the promise of the Open Web -- that everyone can have their own site, and that creators own their creations and their future. We build technology to help independent creators be their own platform, to reach audiences at scale, and to make more money off their work than ever before. We bring the technology and expertise of the biggest, most innovative and successful digital publishers in the world and put it to work for more than 3,600 independent publishers and individual creators. We’re growing fast and helping more and more creators live their passion, independently and on their own terms. That’s why we need you!
We are developing new products that use AI to help these independent publishers and creators produce even better, more engaging content. And we’re looking specifically for a talented, enthusiastic Full-Stack Engineer who can join our new team focused on designing, developing, launching, and growing these groundbreaking capabilities. Using the most advanced ML/AI natural language tools available, you’ll help us build tools that publishers adore for supercharging their productivity and effectiveness.
The skills and experience you’ll bring to the job:
- 3+ years’ experience designing, implementing, testing, shipping, and maintaining web applications and REST APIs.
- Production experience in a dynamic programming language (ideally Ruby and/or Python and an associated web framework. Specific technologies are less important than willingness to learn; we’re happy to cross-train.
- Experience in using third-party APIs and collecting data from multiple sources.
- Expertise in implementing Single Page Applications. Experience with React is a plus.
- Solid data modeling skills, and expertise in SQL database systems such as Postgres, MySQL, or Oracle.
- Experience building in a cloud environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Comfortable in the dynamic environment of new product development. Able to deliver quality products even as priorities change in new product iteration, and work collaboratively with other teams.
- Demonstrates ownership, initiative and the desire to build great products that delight our customers.
- Bachelor’s degree or relevant work experience.
Not Required but Valuable:
- Experience working on a fully remote team.
- Interest in machine learning and natural language processing.
CafeMedia’s mission is to build a creator-first future. We empower the world’s best creators and independent publishers to grow thriving businesses for the long term. Under our CafeMedia and AdThrive brands, we manage digital advertising sales and technology and a growing number of services for more than 3,600 creators and independent publishers. We make it easy for them to focus on what they do best — produce great content.
Our passion and expertise have made us a leader in advertising and creator services. Today we rank as the 7th largest digital property in the U.S. and #1 in Food, Home, and Lifestyle--with a reach of nearly 187M monthly unique visitors in the U.S. alone.
To learn more about working at CafeMedia, visit: https://cafemedia.com/careers/
CafeMedia is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion. We believe we are most impactful when people with a wide range of backgrounds, experiences, and identities come together with common purpose. We encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply. CafeMedia is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please reach out to a member of our recruiting team.