Senior Software Engineer Wordpress - Ad Code Team
Would you like to contribute to the success of over 3,600 publisher sites that have a total of 183 million monthly unique visitors? Do you want to write code that has wide scale, great impact, and drives revenue? Are you passionate about engineering principles and agile software development methodologies?
You consider yourself a technical leader, someone who advocates for best practices, and knows when to apply third party tools and technologies appropriately. You are able to come up with and suggest technical improvements as well as strategic process improvements. You are comfortable using data to measure the impact of your work. You approach development iteratively with an eye towards the future.
Remote U.S. candidates encouraged to apply. This position can be in-office in New York City or work-from-home.
The skills and experience you bring to the job:
- Experience in PHP and WordPress 5.x+ development building plugins, themes, templates, and custom fields. Proficient in testing and client side optimization.
- Ability to design scalable, reliable, and operable applications
- Have a high degree of ownership of the code and product you work on
- Have a passion for unit testing and writing reusable/maintainable code
- Passionate about
- Track record of communicating and contributing ideas, risk assessments, feature prioritization while weighing potential business impact
- Experience with ad serving technology, including DFP/GAM, header bidding, and/or Prebid.js a plus
CafeMedia’s mission is to build a creator-first future. We empower the world’s best creators and independent publishers to grow thriving businesses for the long term. Under our CafeMedia and AdThrive brands, we manage digital advertising sales and technology and a growing number of services for more than 3,600 creators and independent publishers. We make it easy for them to focus on what they do best — produce great content.
Our passion and expertise have made us a leader in advertising and creator services. Today we rank as the 7th largest digital property in the U.S. and #1 in Food, Home, and Lifestyle--with a reach of nearly 187M monthly unique visitors in the U.S. alone.
To learn more about working at CafeMedia, visit: https://cafemedia.com/careers/
CafeMedia is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion. We believe we are most impactful when people with a wide range of backgrounds, experiences, and identities come together with a common purpose. We encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply. CafeMedia is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please reach out to a member of our recruiting team.