Data Scientist / ML Engineer - Audience Growth
CafeMedia is developing innovative technologies for publishers in the areas of AI-assisted content optimization. We are looking for a Data Scientist / ML Engineer to help conceptualize, prototype, develop, and continually refine these capabilities to provide solutions that enable independent publishers and creators to break through the noise with outstanding, distinctive content that attracts loyal visitors. Come join CafeMedia and help create the future of the open web!
What you’ll be doing:
- Applying machine learning algorithms including GPT-3 to natural language processing, knowledge representation, and natural language generation problems.
- Taking models developed internally and from the community and applying them to solve problems for customers.
- Taking existing models and identifying areas for improvement, then improving them without regressing on existing model characteristics.
- Developing and testing hypotheses to determine causal relationships and demonstrably deliver quality and value.
- Staying abreast of developments in ML and NLP and applying new technology in prototyping solutions.
- Actively collaborating with software engineers and product managers to develop innovative new capabilities.
- Working alongside co-founders of Topic, our AI-powered content brief generator, to build a comprehensive content optimization suite.
The skills and experience you’ll bring to the job:
- Degree in computer science, physics, mathematics, statistics, economics, industrial systems engineering or a similar rigorously analytical field.
- 2+ years of research or industry experience applying natural language processing and machine learning to practical problems.
- Good understanding of supervised and unsupervised learning techniques, their applications, and their limitations.
- Superb understanding of probability, statistics, and data analytics.
- Curiosity, urge to experiment and test hypotheses, and drive to solve complex problems.
- Skill in applying scripting languages to solve data-dense problems.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience in web publishing, digital media, online advertising, or similar fields.
- Proficiency in Python, its ecosystem, and Python-based ML tools like PyTorch.
- Strong background in algorithms and data structures.
- Familiarity with academic ML/NLP research and state of the art, for example GPT-3, Watson, SageMaker, TensorFlow, MXNet.
- Graduate degree or specialization in computational linguistics, AI/ML, or similar.
CafeMedia’s mission is to build a creator-first future. We empower the world’s best creators and independent publishers to grow thriving businesses for the long term. Under our CafeMedia and AdThrive brands, we manage digital advertising sales and technology and a growing number of services for more than 3,600 creators and independent publishers. We make it easy for them to focus on what they do best — produce great content.
Our passion and expertise have made us a leader in advertising and creator services. Today we rank as the 7th largest digital property in the U.S. and #1 in Food, Home, and Lifestyle--with a reach of nearly 187M monthly unique visitors in the U.S. alone.
To learn more about working at CafeMedia, visit: https://cafemedia.com/careers/
CafeMedia is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion. We believe we are most impactful when people with a wide range of backgrounds, experiences, and identities come together with common purpose. We encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply. CafeMedia is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please reach out to a member of our recruiting team.