CafeMedia empowers over 2,800 premium publishers, with a collective reach of over 164MM monthly unique visitors (#12 largest Comscore property in August 2020), to make a living doing what they love - producing great content - while we manage the advertising for them. From food to home to news and technology and more, we represent the influential voices who make the internet a better place. As the largest exclusive publisher network, with direct access to code-on-page and underlying datasets, we have a unique capability to build innovative products that span across publishers, advertisers and consumers.
CafeMedia is seeking a Head of Brand Marketing to drive the development and execution of a world-class brand strategy and marketing practice. This role will report into the CMO and be directly responsible for leading brand marketing across CafeMedia, in collaboration with the AdThrive team, and key audiences.
The Head of Brand Marketing will be responsible for the development, integration, and implementation of a broad range of brand marketing activities including brand strategy, creative, messaging, audience and brand research, brand marketing campaigns, sponsorships, partnerships, social, corporate social responsibility, and the corporate website.
The successful candidate will:
- Develop and implement an integrated brand marketing plan that will define and drive CafeMedia's brand identity; broaden awareness of its mission and increase exposure with key audiences including publishers, creators, advertisers, industry partners, and consumers
- Develop and execute consistent brand messaging across all CafeMedia audience touchpoints and tailored to each audience
- Elevate and amplify CafeMedia creative and relevancy, and authentically position the company as the premier partner for high-quality and independent creators on the open web and the advertisers who support them
- Evolve and execute the CafeMedia brand experience through design, voice & tone, and positioning across owned, operated, paid, and partner marketing channels
- Build the Brand Marketing team and institute process and workflows that ensure great creative and the implementation of marketing best practices
- Oversee the daily functions of the Brand Marketing function, including budgeting, planning, and people development/management (as applicable)
- Manage CafeMedia's relationships with the appropriate brand agencies and external partners/vendors
- Strategic ability to help shape where CafeMedia goes as a business with a collaborative, thoughtful style
What you’ll bring to the team:
- Minimum 10-15 years experience in a brand/marketing role required
- Demonstrated success in the Publishing, Media, or Advertising industry is preferred
- Prior experience in a brand marketing role with ad tech, independent creators/publishers/bloggers, and technology is strongly preferred
- Strong customer orientation is a must
- Demonstrated knowledge and leadership in building comprehensive strategic brand marketing strategies, audience research, plans, and campaigns to advance an organization's mission and goals/objectives
- Demonstrated skill in proactively building relationships with partners, agencies, and vendors
- Strong cross-functional team management skills and leadership/people management skills required
- Strong understanding of the advertising and technology industry and creators/publishers/bloggers
- Savvy, strategic thinker who has experience utilizing traditional and non-traditional methods to build brand awareness and perception
- Demonstrated excellence in written, oral, interpersonal, and presentation skills and track record of effectively interfacing with senior management, Board of Directors, and staff
- Experience of building and leading, inspiring and developing high-performance brand marketing and creative teams
- Experience utilizing new and emerging technology a plus
CafeMedia is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion. We believe we are most impactful when people with a wide range of backgrounds, experiences, and identities come together with common purpose. We encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply.