Audience Insights Lead
The Audience Insights Lead will help us develop a program that provides independent publishers with best-in-class internal market research capabilities that will help to power their strategy and planning. The successful candidate will possess strong mixed methods research capabilities and be proficient in leading full-cycle research projects. This role will draw on strengths in survey design and analysis, in-depth interview and discussion guides, and an astute ability to synthesize these inputs into a compelling and actionable narrative for our publishers.
The successful candidate will excel at integrating multiple data sources to build strong, actionable insights and data stories, possess strong active listening skills, and have the ability to create strong cross-functional partnerships to deliver on an integrated strategy.
What you’ll be doing:
- Work closely with publishers to identify important research questions and research territories.
- Lead a full-cycle research project using a balance of quantitative and qualitative methods.
- Communicate insights in creative and compelling ways to inform decision-making and long-term strategy.
- Develop efficiencies, streamlined workflows, and training to help us scale insights to broader groups of publishers.
The skills and experience you’ll bring to the job:
- 5+ years experience independently executing full-cycle research from survey design, discussion guide creation, fielding, data cleaning and analysis, weighting, and reporting.
- Knowledge of qualitative, quantitative, and user-centered research methods (e.g., in-depth interviews, focus groups, ethnography, segmentation, surveys, etc.)
- Expertise in survey design and data analysis.
- Proficiency in facilitating focus groups or leading in-depth interviews.
- Strong understanding of content marketing and social strategy.
- Experience managing client relationships.
- Experience managing direct reports, providing feedback and scaling capabilities.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Communication and storytelling experience - crafting strong inputs (i.e. frames, positioning, messaging) and clear outputs (memos, creative briefs, decks).
- Experience in market research, digital advertising measurement, or online publishing.
- Strong writing and data visualization abilities.
CafeMedia’s mission is to build a creator-first future. We empower the world’s best creators and independent publishers to grow thriving businesses for the long term. Under our CafeMedia and AdThrive brands, we manage digital advertising sales and technology and a growing number of services for more than 3,600 creators and independent publishers. We make it easy for them to focus on what they do best — produce great content.
Our passion and expertise have made us a leader in advertising and creator services. Today we rank as the 7th largest digital property in the U.S. and #1 in Food, Home, and Lifestyle--with a reach of nearly 187M monthly unique visitors in the U.S. alone.
To learn more about working at CafeMedia, visit: https://cafemedia.com/careers/
CafeMedia is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion. We believe we are most impactful when people with a wide range of backgrounds, experiences, and identities come together with a common purpose. We encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply. CafeMedia is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please reach out to a member of our recruiting team.