Senior Quality Automation Engineer - AI Web Applications
Generative AI is changing the world of content creation and discovery. Raptive’s Product Engineering team is leading the synthesis of generative AI, content creation, and website experience. We’re building products that enable our more than 4,000 creators to maintain their voice, expertise, and authenticity so they prosper in an AI-powered future. If you’re a highly talented quality automation engineer who wants to leverage AI to ensure we ship high-quality, innovative AI-powered apps, we want to talk to you!
We have a remote-first culture, and a beautiful office in Manhattan if that’s your thing; remote U.S. candidates are encouraged to apply.
What you will be doing:
- Designing and maintaining test plans to ensure end-to-end product quality.
- Automating tests, generally in Cypress.
- Digging into data to ensure that the systems generating it are producing high-quality results.
- Ensuring quality, predictability, and safety of released products, including those dependent on generative AI outputs.
- Assessing risk and prioritizing issues.
- Following up to ensure bugs are resolved.
- Collaborating with developers not just to fix bugs, but to provide strategic feedback on potential improvements.
- Modeling an ethos of quality and reliability that enables speed and nimbleness.
The skills and experience you’ll bring to the job:
- Proficient in web/browser fundamentals, including HTTP, HTML, CSS, as well as browser dev tools, examining the DOM, and identifying errors on a page
- Experience with test automation (Selenium, Puppeteer, Cypress, etc.)
- Experience testing modern web applications and APIs
- Strong debugging and data analysis skills
- Strong knowledge of SQL
- An insatiable curiosity and desire to identify problems that others might not see
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and ability to work collaboratively
- Comfortable in the dynamic environment of new product development, delivering quality products even as priorities change through rapid iteration
- Ability to learn new technologies quickly
It’s a big plus if you have prior experience with:
- Testing AI/ML-powered products
- OpenAI APIs and models
- Vector databases like Pinecone
- Using GitHub Copilot or AI assistance to accelerate test development
Raptive’s mission is to power creator independence. We’re a creator company that provides revenue, audience, business solutions, and much more for creators and enterprise publishers. Since the very beginning of digital content creation, we’ve been allies and advocates for every kind of creator and charted the uncharted to help creators grow their businesses through it all.
Today we are the catalyst for 4,000+ of the world’s most premium creators on the open web and rank as the seventh-largest digital property in the U.S. Creators who choose Raptive are premium content creators, trendsetters, iconic brands, and charismatic personalities, captivating more than 78% of U.S. audiences on their sites alone with the power to move and disrupt culture. They collectively rank #1 in Food, Family, Home, and Lifestyle--with a reach of more than 190M monthly unique visitors and more than half a billion followers across social platforms.
Creators are the future of media. And together, the future is ours to create.
The base salary range for this position is $120,000-$170,000. The range provided is Raptive’s reasonable estimate of the annualized base compensation for this role. The actual amount may be higher or lower, based on non-discriminatory factors such as experience, geographic location, knowledge, skills and abilities.
For more information, visit www.Raptive.com or follow us on LinkedIn or Instagram.
Raptive is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion. We believe we are most impactful when people with a wide range of backgrounds, experiences, and identities come together with a common purpose. We encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply. Raptive is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please reach out to a member of our recruiting team.