Programmatic Sales Director, Finance, Pharma, Tech/Telco, Auto
CafeMedia is looking for a seasoned, go-getting Sales Director to join our team! Your mission is to connect our creators with leading brands through programmatic media. You will own the programmatic sales strategy & process for key accounts within the Finance, Pharma, Tech/Telco and Auto industries. This role is perfect for a consultative seller who is passionate about coming up with the best solutions for advertisers, digs into every aspect of the account and is experienced with all programmatic technologies.
As part of a growing team, you will make a direct and immediate impact for the company. You will also play a big part in shaping our future sales strategy. We are at the programmatic forefront – offering our media primarily via programmatic channels and continuing to push the envelope on first-party data and other fronts. We have a lean team and an all hands on deck attitude. This is an excellent opportunity to show your entrepreneurial spirit and accelerate CafeMedia’s growth!
What you'll be doing:
- Drive advertising revenues via programmatic media
- Develop new relationships with key clients at agencies and brands
- Grow existing programmatic partnerships
- Proactively identify growth opportunities based on content consumption and deal delivery/auction data
- Take the lead in responding to RFP’s or new opportunities, including qualification & win strategy
- Identify and close strategic up-selling opportunities by understanding core client business needs
- Help shape our sales strategy, new product offerings and vertical positioning
- Work cross-functionally with internal teams to maximize account success
- Use knowledge of the market and competitors to continue to develop the company’s unique selling propositions and differentiators
- Make a positive contribution to the Café Media company culture
The skills and experience you’ll bring to the job:
- 5-10 years in digital advertising with at least three years programmatic sales experience.
- Deep understanding of digital ad sales marketplace and confidence driving opportunity in all contexts – agency investment teams, programmatic teams, client-direct, PR agencies
- True student of the media industry - advertising trends, programmatic landscape
- Proven track record of exceeding revenue expectations
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and oral
- Highly organized and strong attention to detail
- A knack for creativity
- Team player with a desire to work in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
- BA/BS degree required
- Experience at an online publisher, ad network, ad exchange, ad server, SEM platform, DSP, or other online advertising roles preferred
CafeMedia’s mission is to build a creator-first future. We empower the world’s best creators and independent publishers to grow thriving businesses for the long term. Under our CafeMedia and AdThrive brands, we manage digital advertising sales and technology and a growing number of services for more than 4,000 creators and independent publishers. We make it easy for them to focus on what they do best — produce great content.
Our passion and expertise have made us a leader in advertising and creator services. Today we rank as the 7th largest digital property in the U.S. and #1 in Food, Home, Family and Lifestyle--with a reach of nearly 183M monthly unique visitors in the U.S. alone.
The base salary range for this position is $120,000-$145,000. The range provided is CafeMedia’s reasonable estimate of the annualized base compensation for this role. The actual amount may be higher or lower, based on non-discriminatory factors such as experience, geographic location, knowledge, skills and abilities.
To learn more about working at CafeMedia, visit: https://cafemedia.com/careers/
CafeMedia is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion. We believe we are most impactful when people with a wide range of backgrounds, experiences, and identities come together with a common purpose. We encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply. CafeMedia is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please reach out to a member of our recruiting team.