Cafemedia empowers over 2,800 premium publishers, with a collective reach of over 164MM monthly unique visitors (#12 largest Comscore property in August 2020), to make a living doing what they love – producing great content – while we manage the advertising for them. From food to home to news and technology and more, we represent the influential voices who make the internet a better place. As the largest exclusive publisher network, with direct access to code-on-page and underlying datasets, we have a unique capability to build innovative products that span across publishers, advertisers and consumers.
The Sr User Experience (UX) Designer will help define and shape engaging user experience for Cafemedia’s product offering. Utilizing a full range of skills including, user research, wire framing, interaction design, prototyping, and visual design, this role will be involved in all aspects of product development from ideation with engineering and product management to bring these experiences to life for publishers and consumers alike.
Strong candidates will have a proven track record of delivering elegant, world-class design solutions in a fast paced collaborative team environment, solving business goals and user needs, working and influencing in a cross-functional context, and using research and data to inform the design of user experiences.
- Conceptualization of new products and features, designs storyboards, workflows, interactions, wireframes, high fidelity mockups, and design standards based on business goals and user research.
- Effectively collaborates with managers, product managers, engineers, and researchers to define, conceptualize, and design user-facing products.
- Partners with the leadership team to define the UX processes and methodology to ensure high quality UX deliverables
- Designs across multi-screens, ensuring a consistent user experience across different platforms.
- Help define the overall design experience and framework.
- Leverage metrics, optimization, and qualitative and quantitative research to inform and validate design decisions
- Collaborate with product managers, technical leads, customers, and other stakeholders to introduce, iterate, and clarify requirements.
- BA/BS in Design Required, preferably in UX related fields of HCI, Industrial Design, Product Design, Architecture or Graphic Design. 5+ year experience in UX design.
- Portfolio of UX-focused work samples for complex web applications (preferably experience designing and building data visualizations)
- Deep understanding and experience in leading user-centered design methods and best practices
- Experience in conducting user research, facilitating interviews and usability testing with internal and external clients and prove this in your design thinking/solutions.
- Experience using quantitative data, qualitative feedback, user research, competitive analysis and other approaches to help make decisions and iterate on the product.
- Experience creating user stories, personas, storyboards, prototypes and wireframes to translate complex requirements into easy user flows.
- Ability to determine information architecture and create sitemaps.
- Successful advocate of solutions among peers, clients and executive leadership.
- Excellent communication, presentation and analytical skills.
CafeMedia is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion. We believe we are most impactful when people with a wide range of backgrounds, experiences, and identities come together with common purpose. We encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply.