Account Manager (Advertising Sales Team) - Chicago
This position is based in Chicago, IL.
If you have excellent communication skills and are passionate about using data to tell strategic stories, this is the role for you! CafeMedia is looking for a strategic, creative, and analytical thinker to join our team in Chicago. The Account Manager role is perfect for a right and left-brained thinker who is eager to tackle a wide range of initiatives that will help accelerate our growth. Your mission is to go the extra mile to deliver the best service and drive success for our advertiser clients.
As part of an entrepreneurial team, you will make a direct and immediate impact. You will support our advertising sales team by communicating with clients daily and backing up your outreach with data-driven insights. In your role, you will be responsible for evaluating daily trends, uncovering new opportunities, crafting compelling insights, and creating and communicating deliverables for advertisers. You will help facilitate everything in the sales process: developing proposals, setting up deals and inventory packages, communicating with agency partners and much more. This is an excellent opportunity to get broad experience in all aspects of digital media!
A few examples of the publishers we represent:
- Half Baked Harvest
- Immaculate Bites
- My Modern Met
- Style by Emily Henderson
- Chris Loves Julia
What you’ll be doing:
- Establishing account management relationships with clients and owning those relationships from the moment an IO is signed or PMP is launched through the campaign wrap report
- Serving as the primary point of contact to existing clients on campaign performance, reporting, and troubleshooting. Closely monitoring and evaluating campaign performance for all clients and proactively identifying opportunities to optimize towards client KPIs
- Liaising with sales directors on client needs and deliverables
- Developing insights and creating compelling narratives that show why we are a great partner for our advertisers and bringing findings to life in client presentations and quarterly business reviews
- Interpreting and synthesizing data on campaign performance and content consumption behaviors using data visualization platforms and spreadsheets
- Managing deal set up for advertisers, including private marketplaces, audience targeting, inventory packages, and troubleshooting
- Analyzing delivery trends and uncovering ways to increase scale with advertising partners by identifying upsell opportunities
The skills and experience you’ll bring to the job:
- Bachelor's Degree in Marketing, Communications, Business, Economics, Psychology, Sociology, Statistics or related field
- 2+ years of experience in digital media, preferably at a publisher, agency, platform or technology partner
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and oral
- Highly organized and strong attention to detail
- Excellent analytical skills and ability to interpret patterns across multiple data sources and translate into visualizations and narratives
- Team player with ability to work in a fast-paced, exciting environment
- Self-starter with a natural curiosity and enthusiasm for learning
**Cover Letter is required**
CafeMedia’s mission is to build a creator-first future. We empower the world’s best creators and independent publishers to grow thriving businesses for the long term. Under our CafeMedia and AdThrive brands, we manage digital advertising sales and technology and a growing number of services for more than 4,000 creators and independent publishers. We make it easy for them to focus on what they do best — produce great content.
Our passion and expertise have made us a leader in advertising and creator services. Today we rank as the 7th largest digital property in the U.S. and #1 in Food, Home, Family and Lifestyle--with a reach of nearly 195M monthly unique visitors in the U.S. alone.
The base salary range for this position is $55,000-$85,000. The range provided is CafeMedia’s reasonable estimate of the annualized base compensation for this role. The actual amount may be higher or lower, based on non-discriminatory factors such as experience, geographic location, knowledge, skills and abilities.
To learn more about working at CafeMedia, visit: https://cafemedia.com/careers/
CafeMedia is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion. We believe we are most impactful when people with a wide range of backgrounds, experiences, and identities come together with a common purpose. We encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply. CafeMedia is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please reach out to a member of our recruiting team.