Ad Performance Analyst
CafeMedia is looking for an Ad Performance Analyst to join the AdThrive team. AdThrive helps professional publishers make more money with ads on their site by acting as their trusted expert guide in the complicated world of online advertising. This means helping them figure out which ad placements to use, how to develop an ad strategy, and then actually installing that strategy for them. Through our work, we help the best creators and contributors on the web: people who have a passion for their craft (cooking, decorating, parenting, finance, investing, and so many other niches) get to write about it and be paid to focus on their dream. We help families pay their bills and find hope. We help small business owners thrive. We support the people who are making the internet a better place!
As an AdThrive Ad Performance Analyst, you’re the kind of person who is passionate about analytics, problem solving and communicating with publishers. On top of a strong attention to detail, you also have a desire to help people and do work that makes a difference. The thought of helping families earn enough money for parents to stay home with their kids or pay off debts would be extremely rewarding to you.
We are looking for someone with the right mix of comfort in high-productivity environments, collaborating well with a virtual team, answering customer questions via email and analyzing data. Ad Performance Analysts log in each day to a list of clients whose ad performance needs a deep dive to determine whether something is affecting their ad earnings or not and whether there are any changes to their ad layout we would recommend. Then Ad Performance Analysts write responses to customers. Sometimes a customer is confused or frustrated and our responses must be clear, helpful and compassionate.
This is a job with a never-ending list of tickets to check, so you must be good with logging-in, working through a list of 20 sites to check each with a variety of issues that may present, logging-off and doing the same thing again for every work day.
Day in the Life:
- Analyzing ad performance and Google Analytics data to identify issues
- Working to understand our process thoroughly, troubleshooting ad loading issues on live sites, and embracing a fast-paced virtual work environment
- Answering sensitive customer questions via email
- Being an active member of a distributed team via tools like Slack, G Suite, Zoom, Zendesk and more
What you'll be doing:
- Ability to gracefully communicate via email with customers who are confused or frustrated
- Patience, grace, a sense of humor, and some moderate GIF sharing abilities
- Attention to detail and a love for knocking out lists and projects
- Self-motivation and time management skills
- You were type of person who finished tests first in school and got an A
- Enjoy analyzing data using Excel and data visualization tools to spot trends and anomalies
- Working knowledge of CSS3, HTML5, and Wordpress
- A knack for getting things done and self-motivation to tackle repetitive tasks
- A passion for contributing and supporting your team
- A desire to make everything you touch better
- Genuine desire to help others solve problems and succeed
The skills and experience you'll bring to the job:
- Data analysis experience OR a recent STEM grad
- Comfort with using WordPress, and reading & writing HTML & CSS
- Proven track record high productivity
- Experience organizing and managing a large amount of tasks at once
- Excel at working by yourself and working through your list of tasks.
- Commitment to AdThrive’s Mission Statement
CafeMedia’s mission is to build a creator-first future. We empower the world’s best creators and independent publishers to grow thriving businesses for the long term. Under our CafeMedia and AdThrive brands, we manage digital advertising sales and technology and a growing number of services for more than 3,600 creators and independent publishers. We make it easy for them to focus on what they do best — produce great content.
Our passion and expertise have made us a leader in advertising and creator services. Today we rank as the 7th largest digital property in the U.S. and #1 in Food, Home, and Lifestyle--with a reach of nearly 187M monthly unique visitors in the U.S. alone.
To learn more about working at CafeMedia, visit: https://cafemedia.com/careers/
CafeMedia is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion. We believe we are most impactful when people with a wide range of backgrounds, experiences, and identities come together with common purpose. We encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply. CafeMedia is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please reach out to a member of our recruiting team.