Senior Content Strategist
CafeMedia is looking for a Senior Content Strategist focused on delivering insights and strategy to our publishers. We empower our creators in many more areas than just advertising, and growing their audience through a comprehensive content strategy is a key focus area for their businesses. Our ideal candidate is an active, data-passionate, professional who leads effective editorial content strategy today and yearns to work on something special, evening the playing field for independent storytellers on the web. You will have the opportunity to provide immediate value to help publishers more effectively share their voice with their audience.
What you'll be doing
- Own the execution of CafeMedia’s strategic offering for a group of our publishers, using a data-driven approach.
- Contributing to our larger growth strategy.
- Helping our publishers effectively tell their unique compelling stories with an eye on growing their audiences using traditional acquisition channels like search and social.
- Using modern content technologies, publisher data analytics and a versatile team of internal and external subject matter experts to deliver measurable growth and provide publisher delight with a hands-on, team-based approach.
- Managing relationships with external partners working on behalf of our publishers.
- Acting as the editorial representative for our publishers in critical decision making scenarios.
The skills and experience you'll bring to the job
- Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, Marketing, Business Management, or related field, with 6+ years of experience in marketing, communications, journalism, or related field.
- Leadership role in building content strategies and plans that successfully grow lifestyle web based audiences, as well as enable and drive impactful storytelling that delights readers.
- Sound knowledge of content management technologies, keyword research tools, social media platforms, SEO and Email/Identity solutions
- Innovative thinker with proven ability to convey and apply strategy
- Knowledge of content marketing trends and techniques
- Analytical capability to determine content effectiveness, ROI, etc.
- Ability to write and present in a clear, powerful, and compelling way; be a great storyteller.
CafeMedia’s mission is to build a creator-first future. We empower the world’s best creators and independent publishers to grow thriving businesses for the long term. Under our CafeMedia and AdThrive brands, we manage digital advertising sales and technology and a growing number of services for more than 3,600 creators and independent publishers. We make it easy for them to focus on what they do best — produce great content.
Our passion and expertise have made us a leader in advertising and creator services. Today we rank as the 7th largest digital property in the U.S. and #1 in Food, Home, and Lifestyle--with a reach of nearly 187M monthly unique visitors in the U.S. alone.
To learn more about working at CafeMedia, visit: https://cafemedia.com/careers/
CafeMedia is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion. We believe we are most impactful when people with a wide range of backgrounds, experiences, and identities come together with common purpose. We encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply. CafeMedia is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please reach out to a member of our recruiting team.