Director, Programmatic Advertising
This is a fully remote position. Our headquarters is in Manhattan, so if you are local to the New York City area, you are welcome to work in our offices.
CafeMedia is seeking a highly motivated, results-driven Director, Programmatic Advertising to drive strong revenue and yield for our publishers through our supply-side partnerships. The Director, Programmatic will lead the individuals responsible for our SSP partners, focused on growing strategic relationships, revenue optimization, and yield analytics. The ideal candidate is a strategic, analytical thinker and player/coach team lead with a solutions-focused mentality to drive opportunities and problem-solve efficiently. The Director, Programmatic will take an investigative approach to proactively further our external relationships and collaborate closely with a number of internal, cross-functional teams, including Data Science, Publisher Support, Data Intelligence, and Product, reporting to the SVP, Programmatic.
What you’ll be doing:
- Lead a team of senior managers whose primary focus is our SSP partnerships, supporting their day-to-day questions and projects
- Be a driver of the team’s strategy, in strong collaboration with the SVP, Programmatic and leadership
- Be the main touchpoint for a handful of our strategic programmatic partners to create and maintain strong, collaborative relationships and innovative partnerships
- Deeply understand the “health” of our bidder partners, to help optimize and troubleshoot, as well as surface new revenue opportunities
- Manage a variety of programmatic media integrations from implementation to monitoring and optimization
- Actively participate in vetting new programmatic business/partnership opportunities
- Monitor discrepancies between first and third party; internalize reporting to track trends and issues -- both for internal and external clients
- Work across multiple teams (tech, data science, publisher facing) to ensure our publishers are getting the best services possible
The skills and experience you’ll bring to the job:
- 6+ years experience in the programmatic ecosystem
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and oral
- Prior management experience
- Thorough understanding of the programmatic digital media industry (SSPs, DSPs, exchanges)
- Strong knowledge of MS Excel
- Strong analytical skills and ability to recognize trends
- Extremely detail oriented, organized and process driven
- Quick learner who loves to pick up new tools/skills
- Familiarity with third party verification vendors (AdSafe, MOAT, DoubleVerify, Nielsen, comScore) a plus
- Familiarity with SQL a plus
- Ad operations knowledge a plus!
CafeMedia’s mission is to build a creator-first future. We empower the world’s best creators and independent publishers to grow thriving businesses for the long term. Under our CafeMedia and AdThrive brands, we manage digital advertising sales and technology and a growing number of services for more than 3,600 creators and independent publishers. We make it easy for them to focus on what they do best — produce great content.
Our passion and expertise have made us a leader in advertising and creator services. Today we rank as the 7th largest digital property in the U.S. and #1 in Food, Home, and Lifestyle--with a reach of nearly 187M monthly unique visitors in the U.S. alone.
To learn more about working at CafeMedia, visit: https://cafemedia.com/careers/
CafeMedia is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion. We believe we are most impactful when people with a wide range of backgrounds, experiences, and identities come together with common purpose. We encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply. CafeMedia is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please reach out to a member of our recruiting team.