Staff Software Engineer (Browser / Front-End) - Affiliate Commerce
CafeMedia is building an ambitious new affiliate commerce platform to extend the reach of more than 4,000 of the web’s most distinctive independent publishers. We’re looking for extremely talented and seasoned engineers who crave the challenge of driving innovation in a small, empowered team that has the backing of a long-established and growing company ranked #7 by Comscore. We have a remote-first culture, and a beautiful office in Manhattan if that’s your thing; remote U.S. candidates are encouraged to apply.
What you will be doing:
- You’ll design scalable, reliable, maintainable, and extensible systems using an appropriate combination of in-house and third-party technology.
- You’ll act as an individual contributor with the initiative of a leader – not as a people manager, but as a technical flag-bearer.
- You’ll be a stellar communicator who empathizes with customer needs and collaborates effectively with product managers, senior leaders, engineers, and diverse stakeholders.
- You’ll be up for tackling any challenge, from developing the first version of a greenfield product, to determining how we can extend our use of AI-driven optimization into this new area.
The skills and experience you bring to the job:
- Deep knowledge of web, HTTP, and pragmatic site fundamentals such as Core Web Vitals
- Expertise in implementing Single Page Applications in Angular and/or React
- Understanding of how to apply best practices and design patterns appropriately
- Demonstrated initiative driving your product and code
- A passion for writing and testing reusable/maintainable code
- A track record of collaboration and helping teams improve
- Experience interacting with cloud platforms including Amazon Lambda
- Interest in and experience with modern AI technology and tools, from Github Copilot to ML-assisted A/B testing, is a plus
CafeMedia’s mission is to build a creator-first future. We empower the world’s best creators and independent publishers to grow thriving businesses for the long term. Under our CafeMedia and AdThrive brands, we manage digital advertising sales and technology and a growing number of services for more than 4,000 creators and independent publishers. We make it easy for them to focus on what they do best — produce great content.
Our passion and expertise have made us a leader in advertising and creator services. Today we rank as the 7th largest digital property in the U.S. and #1 in Food, Home, Family and Lifestyle--with a reach of nearly 183M monthly unique visitors in the U.S. alone.
The base salary range for this position is $175,000-$250,000. The range provided is CafeMedia’s reasonable estimate of the annualized base compensation for this role. The actual amount may be higher or lower, based on non-discriminatory factors such as experience, geographic location, knowledge, skills and abilities.
To learn more about working at CafeMedia, visit: https://cafemedia.com/careers/
CafeMedia is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion. We believe we are most impactful when people with a wide range of backgrounds, experiences, and identities come together with a common purpose. We encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply. CafeMedia is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please reach out to a member of our recruiting team.