Software Engineer II - AI Web Applications
Generative AI is changing the world of content creation and discovery. Raptive’s Product Engineering team is leading the synthesis of generative AI, content creation, and website experience. We’re building products that enable our more than 4,000 creators to maintain their voice, expertise, and authenticity so they prosper in an AI-powered future. If you’re a highly talented and seasoned web engineer passionate about how generative AI can empower creators and engage visitors, we want to talk to you!
We have a remote-first culture, and a beautiful office in Manhattan if that’s your thing; remote U.S. candidates are encouraged to apply.
What you will be doing:
- You’ll apply generative AI to enhance the experience for web creators and site visitors.
- You’ll implement scalable, reliable, maintainable, and extensible systems using a combination of in-house and third-party technology.
- You’ll be a stellar communicator who empathizes with customer needs and collaborates effectively with product managers, senior leaders, engineers, and diverse stakeholders.
- You’ll be up for tackling any challenge, and willing and able to learn quickly and grow professionally.
The skills and experience you’ll bring to the job:
- Experience designing, implementing, testing, shipping, and maintaining scalable web-based software products
- Production experience with frameworks like AngularJS or React, languages like Python or Ruby, cloud platforms like AWS or GCP, or similar
- Experience in consuming third-party APIs
- Solid data modeling skills, and expertise in SQL querying for database systems such as Postgres, MySQL, or Oracle
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and ability to work collaboratively
- Comfortable in the dynamic environment of new product development, delivering quality products even as priorities change through rapid iteration
- Demonstrate ownership, initiative and the desire to build great products that delight our creators
It’s a big plus if you have prior experience with:
- OpenAI APIs and models
- Vector databases like Pinecone
- Prompt engineering for LLMs (large language models)
- Fast.ai libraries
- Other AI/ML models, frameworks, and tools
Don’t worry, we’re not expecting you to be a dedicated machine-learning engineer or have extensive real-world experience in all the latest generative AI tools. We’d love to see that you have interest in or have explored this area, even for experiments or personal projects. If you’ve shipped production AI-powered apps, all the better. Either way, we have an internal program called AI^2 – Artificial Intelligence Intelligence – to help everyone on our teams build breadth and depth in technologies like these.
Raptive’s mission is to power creator independence. We’re a creator company that provides revenue, audience, business solutions, and much more for creators and enterprise publishers. Since the very beginning of digital content creation, we’ve been allies and advocates for every kind of creator and charted the uncharted to help creators grow their businesses through it all.
Today we are the catalyst for 4,000+ of the world’s most premium creators on the open web and rank as the seventh-largest digital property in the U.S. Creators who choose Raptive are premium content creators, trendsetters, iconic brands, and charismatic personalities, captivating more than 78% of U.S. audiences on their sites alone with the power to move and disrupt culture. They collectively rank #1 in Food, Family, Home, and Lifestyle--with a reach of more than 190M monthly unique visitors and more than half a billion followers across social platforms.
Creators are the future of media. And together, the future is ours to create.
The base salary range for this position is $100,000-$160,000. The range provided is Raptive’s reasonable estimate of the annualized base compensation for this role. The actual amount may be higher or lower, based on non-discriminatory factors such as experience, geographic location, knowledge, skills and abilities.
For more information, visit www.Raptive.com or follow us on LinkedIn or Instagram.
Raptive is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion. We believe we are most impactful when people with a wide range of backgrounds, experiences, and identities come together with a common purpose. We encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply. Raptive is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please reach out to a member of our recruiting team.