Principal Product Manager, Internal Automations
CafeMedia is seeking a Principal Product Manager, Internal Automations to join our team!
This Principal Product Manager will be responsible for leveraging our internal user applications to automate hundreds of hours of manual work to allow our internal teams to operate more efficiently and effectively. We are focused on providing the simplest, quickest and most flexible workflows and automated processes for our internal support and operations teams. This PM will need to systematically understand business processes throughout the company, size opportunities to make them more efficient, and deliver win after win so that our internal teams can serve more customers.
What you’ll be doing
- Take an outcome-focused approach to identifying opportunities and driving solutions
- Learn and assess many different business processes and build a prioritized view of important problems to solve that will result in hours saved of manual work
- Use data to develop a well thought out vision, strategy and roadmap for our applications with feedback from various stakeholders (Support, Operations, etc.)
- Work closely with our Creator-facing team and provide product support to successfully scale and improve the scope of our product offering so they can deliver better results for our creators
- Research, refine, and document user stories and product requirements by collecting feedback from internal users, partners, and business teams
- Articulate the vision, strategy and business impact of various initiatives to get buy-in from other product, engineering and business teams who would need to provide support in executing product strategy
- Partner closely with engineering to deliver high quality solutions / features while understanding the underlying technologies & trade-offs needed and measure product success
The experience and skills you bring to the role
- 5+ year experience in product management
- Deep experience designing and implementing B2B web interfaces and applications
- Experience with optimizing workflows, improving user efficiency, simplifying or reducing common tasks and streamlining processes for internal users
- Solid technical understanding of how web and data-driven applications are built and how they work
- Experience partnering and managing dependencies cross-functionally with teams spanning across sales/operations, product, engineering, customer success
- Experience working with a remote engineering team and comfortable with agile (scrum) product development
- Demonstrated prior success within a startup culture, building and managing high impact, cross-functional projects from ideation to launch that deliver business results
- Ability to investigate and learn new technologies is important, and experience with AI/ML is a big plus
- A big plus would be experience with AI/ML and/or experience in digital advertising landscape (ad servers, RTB, PMP, DSPs, DMPs)
- Excellent problem solving skills and proven ability to navigate ambiguity
- Ability to articulate and influence other product teams to help them see the value of the problems we are solving and get necessary buy-in
- Self-motivated individual with strong communication (written and verbal), leadership, judgment, planning, analytical, and decision-making skills
- Ability to pick up new technologies, interact credibly with engineers, and understand tech tradeoffs
CafeMedia’s mission is to build a creator-first future. We empower the world’s best creators and independent publishers to grow thriving businesses for the long term. Under our CafeMedia and AdThrive brands, we manage digital advertising sales and technology and a growing number of services for more than 4,000 creators and independent publishers. We make it easy for them to focus on what they do best — produce great content.
Our passion and expertise have made us a leader in advertising and creator services. Today we rank as the 7th largest digital property in the U.S. and #1 in Food, Home, Family and Lifestyle--with a reach of nearly 183M monthly unique visitors in the U.S. alone.
The base salary range for this position is $120,000-$210,000. The range provided is CafeMedia’s reasonable estimate of the annualized base compensation for this role. The actual amount may be higher or lower, based on non-discriminatory factors such as experience, geographic location, knowledge, skills and abilities.
To learn more about working at CafeMedia, visit: https://cafemedia.com/careers/
CafeMedia is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion. We believe we are most impactful when people with a wide range of backgrounds, experiences, and identities come together with a common purpose. We encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply. CafeMedia is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please reach out to a member of our recruiting team.