Principal Product Manager, Creator Dashboard
CafeMedia is seeking a Principal Product Manager, Creator Dashboard to join our team!
The mission for this role is to help thousands of independent web creators monitor and scale their businesses by building great tools that they love to use. In this highly visible position, the Principal Product Manager, Creator Dashboard, will drive the strategic roadmap and execution of creator-facing products and solutions. This person will work closely with engineering, design, product, go-to-market, and other internal teams to identify and solve creator problems. We are looking for someone with a strong product background and a solid understanding of modern web technologies who is passionate about providing creators with meaningful insights and dashboards, recommendations for simple and quick management of their business. The ideal candidate is someone who is data-driven and thrives in an environment with autonomy and accountability for delivering business results.
What you’ll be doing
- Be the voice of external users of our applications and build a prioritized view of important problems to solve
- Use data to develop a well thought out vision, strategy and roadmap for our applications with feedback from our customers and from internal stakeholders (Creators, Support, Operations, etc.)
- Articulate the vision, strategy and business impact of various initiatives to get buy-in from other product, engineering and business teams who would need to provide support in executing product strategy
- Research, refine, and document user stories and product requirements by collecting feedback from customers, partners, and business teams
- Partner closely with engineering to deliver high quality solutions / features while understanding the underlying technologies & trade-offs needed
- Collaborate with customer success / sales / product marketing for new product launches and devise plans for product adoption and measure product success
The experience and skills you bring to the role
- 5+ year experience in product management
- Deep experience designing and implementing B2B web interfaces and applications
- Solid technical understanding of how modern web applications are built and how they work
- Experience partnering and managing dependencies cross-functionally with teams spanning across product, engineering, design, marketing, sales/operations, customer success
- Experience working with a remote engineering team and comfortable with agile (scrum) product development
- Demonstrated prior success within a startup culture, building and managing high impact, cross-functional projects from ideation to launch that deliver business results
- Deep knowledge of product development dynamics and go-to-market tactics
- A big plus would be experience with AI/ML and/or experience in digital advertising landscape (ad servers, RTB, PMP, DSPs, DMPs)
- Excellent problem solving skills and proven ability to navigate ambiguity
- Ability to articulate and influence other product teams to help them see the value of the problems we are solving and get necessary buy-in
- Self-motivated individual with strong communication (written and verbal), leadership, judgment, planning, analytical, and decision-making skills
- Ability to pick up new technologies, interact credibly with engineers, and understand tech tradeoffs
CafeMedia’s mission is to build a creator-first future. We empower the world’s best creators and independent publishers to grow thriving businesses for the long term. Under our CafeMedia and AdThrive brands, we manage digital advertising sales and technology and a growing number of services for more than 4,000 creators and independent publishers. We make it easy for them to focus on what they do best — produce great content.
Our passion and expertise have made us a leader in advertising and creator services. Today we rank as the 7th largest digital property in the U.S. and #1 in Food, Home, Family and Lifestyle--with a reach of nearly 183M monthly unique visitors in the U.S. alone.
The base salary range for this position is $120,000-$210,000. The range provided is CafeMedia’s reasonable estimate of the annualized base compensation for this role. The actual amount may be higher or lower, based on non-discriminatory factors such as experience, geographic location, knowledge, skills and abilities.
To learn more about working at CafeMedia, visit: https://cafemedia.com/careers/
CafeMedia is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion. We believe we are most impactful when people with a wide range of backgrounds, experiences, and identities come together with a common purpose. We encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply. CafeMedia is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please reach out to a member of our recruiting team.