Senior Data Engineer - Affiliate Commerce
We are looking for a seasoned, enthusiastic Senior Data Engineer with affiliate commerce experience to join us as we expand product offerings for our publishers into the affiliate commerce space, helping creators who have authority and expertise in particular subject areas diversify and increase their revenue. As part of our recently formed Product Engineering team, you’ll move fast to provide the data infrastructure for new features that create value and delight for our publishers. You’ll be instrumental in collaboratively delivering a meaningful new product and business opportunity that supports the open web.
What you’ll be doing:
- Designing, implementing, and improving the data infrastructure to affiliate commerce and content that exposes affiliate opportunities in a compelling way.
- Collaborating with our product managers and other engineers to deliver a comprehensive, high-quality, reliable, flexible data store.
- Performing ETL on third-party data including product feeds.
- Conceiving of and implementing scalable, innovative ways to normalize products and their attributes, stock levels, and other metadata.
- Collaborating to expose data to internal consumers via APIs.
The skills and experience you’ll bring to the job:
- 5+ years’ experience as a software engineer.
- 3+ years’ experience as a data-focused engineer designing database schemas and performing ETL.Skilled at crafting and building robust backend data services
- 3+ years’ experience with affiliate commerce and product-catalog data.
- Strong data modeling and tuning skills in scaled SQL database systems such as Snowflake, Postgres, MySQL, or Oracle.
- Experience working with Big Data technologies (e.g., Hadoop, Hive, Spark, Presto, Kafka, etc.).
- Deep commitment to data integrity and an understanding of data semantics.
- Proficiency in object-oriented and/or functional programming languages (Python is a plus).
- Strong dedication to code and data quality, automation and operational excellence: unit/integration tests, scripts, workflows
- Curiosity, pragmatism, and flexibility.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and collaboration skills.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent experience.
- Experience working on a fully remote team.
- Experience with agile development practices.
- Experience operating in a cloud-native environment.
CafeMedia’s mission is to build a creator-first future. We empower the world’s best creators and independent publishers to grow thriving businesses for the long term. Under our CafeMedia and AdThrive brands, we manage digital advertising sales and technology and a growing number of services for more than 3,600 creators and independent publishers. We make it easy for them to focus on what they do best — produce great content.
Our passion and expertise have made us a leader in advertising and creator services. Today we rank as the 7th largest digital property in the U.S. and #1 in Food, Home, and Lifestyle--with a reach of nearly 187M monthly unique visitors in the U.S. alone.
To learn more about working at CafeMedia, visit: https://cafemedia.com/careers/
CafeMedia is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion. We believe we are most impactful when people with a wide range of backgrounds, experiences, and identities come together with a common purpose. We encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply. CafeMedia is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please reach out to a member of our recruiting team.