Site Reliability Engineering - Systems Engineer II
CafeMedia is looking for a high-performance, experienced engineer to be a part of a team of Site Reliability Engineers. You will be working closely with engineering teams, product managers and internal stakeholders to build the future of the CafeMedia Platform Reliability.
As a member of the Site Reliability Engineering team, you will take ownership over the overall performance and reliability of CafeMedia’s infrastructure, the robustness of the deployment pipeline, as well as timely and effective incident response and resolution. You will take responsibility for the growth and stability of CafeMedia’s infrastructure, and be a key player driving effective incident response and overall issue avoidance.
What you’ll be doing:
- Responsible for ongoing reliability and robustness of CafeMedia’s production infrastructure by monitoring availability, capacity, and throughput.
- Evolve systems by adding reliability into our product roadmap.
- Coordinate the re-prioritize or fix critical bugs for support or sales requirements as needed.
- Make recommendations to production infrastructure by interfacing with engineering to ensure 100% availability.
- Ensure scalable artifacts deployment to all environments by automation scripts.
- Core infrastructure tools and frameworks ( Configuration Management, IAM, CI/CD, Infrastructure as Code, Monitoring, HA, kubernetes, Helm FLux, etc )
- Constantly monitor infrastructure vulnerabilities and remedy them by working with the security team.
- Craft and implement processes to reduce friction and enable all team members to spend their time on what they do best.
- Think creatively, work collaboratively, and do whatever it takes to get the job done.
The skills and experience you’ll bring to the job:
- Prior experience working on Site Reliability Engineering or DevOps
- Working knowledge of Kubernetes and Terraform
- Knowledge of one of major cloud platforms such as AWS, GCP and Azure
- Experience in Python/Shell scripting
- Experience with Linux operating systems internals and administration
- Ability to communicate effectively vertically and horizontally within the organization via demonstrated written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience running Infrastructure at scale; utilizing Configuration Management and automation to ensure idempotency, ephemerality, and reliability.
- Strong experience operating and managing Kubernetes infrastructure
- Strong experience in Python, Shell scripting
- Strong experience Cloud Infra (AWS), Kubernetes, Metrics, Logging, Tracing, and Observability
- Demonstrable knowledge of Python, Go, or other higher-level OOP languages (eg. Ruby, C++, Scala, etc).
- Experience with databases such as PostgreSQL, MongoDB, Elasticsearch
- Working with SaaS products at scale
- Configuration management such as Ansible
- Networking experience (VPC, VPN)
- Postgres, MongoDB, ElasticSearch
CafeMedia’s mission is to build a creator-first future. We empower the world’s best creators and independent publishers to grow thriving businesses for the long term. Under our CafeMedia and AdThrive brands, we manage digital advertising sales and technology and a growing number of services for more than 4,000 creators and independent publishers. We make it easy for them to focus on what they do best — produce great content.
Our passion and expertise have made us a leader in advertising and creator services. Today we rank as the 9th largest digital property in the U.S. and #1 in Food, Home, and Lifestyle--with a reach of nearly 188M monthly unique visitors in the U.S. alone
The base salary range for this position is $90,000-$180,000. The range provided is CafeMedia’s reasonable estimate of the annualized base compensation for this role. The actual amount may be higher or lower, based on non-discriminatory factors such as experience, geographic location, knowledge, skills and abilities.
To learn more about working at CafeMedia, visit: https://cafemedia.com/careers/
CafeMedia is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion. We believe we are most impactful when people with a wide range of backgrounds, experiences, and identities come together with a common purpose. We encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply. CafeMedia is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please reach out to a member of our recruiting team.