Principal Product Manager, Applications
CafeMedia is seeking a Principal Product Manager, Applications to join our team!
This Principal Product Manager will be responsible for key user applications, both internal- and creator-facing. We are focused on providing the simplest, quickest and most flexible workflows and automated processes for our internal support and operations teams. We are also building new advanced tools to put our powerful ad stack capabilities in the hands of creators, providing simple and quick management of their business, quick insights and dashboards, and useful streamlined workflows. This role will be responsible for driving product strategy and execution across these areas.
What you’ll be doing
- Be the voice of internal and external users of our applications and build a prioritized view of important problems to solve that will help everyone do their jobs more easily
- Use data to develop a well thought out vision, strategy and roadmap for our applications with feedback from various stakeholders (Creators, Support, Operations, etc.)
- Work closely with our Creator team and provide product support to successfully scale and improve the scope of our product offering so they can deliver better results for our creators
- Research, refine, and document user stories and product requirements by collecting feedback from customers, partners, and business teams
- Articulate the vision, strategy and business impact of various initiatives to get buy-in from other product, engineering and business teams who would need to provide support in executing product strategy
- Partner closely with engineering to deliver high quality solutions / features while understanding the underlying technologies & trade-offs needed
- Collaborate with customer success / sales /product marketing for new product launches and devise plan for product adoption and measure product success
The experience and skills you bring to the role
- 5+ years experience in product management
- Deep experience designing and implementing B2B web interfaces and applications
- Experience with optimizing workflows, improving user efficiency, simplifying or reducing common tasks and streamlining processes for users, both internal and external
- Basic technical understanding of how web applications are built and how they work
- Experience partnering and managing dependencies cross-functionally with teams spanning across sales/operations, product, engineering, marketing, customer success
- Experience working with a remote engineering team and comfortable with agile (scrum) product development
- Demonstrated prior success within a startup culture, building and managing high impact, cross-functional projects from ideation to launch that deliver business results
- Experience in digital advertising landscape (ad servers, RTB, PMP, DSPs, DMPs) is a big plus
- Excellent problem solving skills and proven ability to navigate ambiguity
- Ability to articulate and influence other product teams to help them see the value of the problems we are solving and get necessary buy-in
- Self-motivated individual with strong communication (written and verbal), leadership, judgment, planning, analytical, and decision-making skills
CafeMedia’s mission is to build a creator-first future. We empower the world’s best creators and independent publishers to grow thriving businesses for the long term. Under our CafeMedia and AdThrive brands, we manage digital advertising sales and technology and a growing number of services for more than 4,000 creators and independent publishers. We make it easy for them to focus on what they do best — produce great content.
Our passion and expertise have made us a leader in advertising and creator services. Today we rank as the 7th largest digital property in the U.S. and #1 in Food, Home, Family and Lifestyle--with a reach of nearly 195M monthly unique visitors in the U.S. alone.
The base salary range for this position is $120,000-$210,000. The range provided is CafeMedia’s reasonable estimate of the annualized base compensation for this role. The actual amount may be higher or lower, based on non-discriminatory factors such as experience, geographic location, knowledge, skills and abilities.
To learn more about working at CafeMedia, visit: https://cafemedia.com/careers/
CafeMedia is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion. We believe we are most impactful when people with a wide range of backgrounds, experiences, and identities come together with a common purpose. We encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply. CafeMedia is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please reach out to a member of our recruiting team.