Director, Product Management - Affiliate Commerce
We are looking for a seasoned product leader with expertise in affiliate commerce to expand the breadth of our publisher offerings. Our mission in this area is to bring the same capabilities that major media companies use to generate affiliate revenue to our network of more than 3,500 independent publishers. With the largest scale in Food, Home, Family, Travel, and other key verticals, we're already the leader in serving our publishers' advertising needs, and now we want to offer ways for these publishers to diversify and further increase their revenue.
As a key member of the technical team focused on affiliate commerce, you’ll be instrumental in collaboratively shaping and delivering a meaningful new product and business opportunity that supports the open web.
What you’ll be doing:
- Crystallizing an understanding of how independent publishers can generate meaningful revenue through affiliate commerce.
- Working in conjunction with publishers and internal stakeholders to identify market problems, define a product strategy and roadmap, prioritize features, and bring them to market with high engagement.
- Applying your deep understanding of and empathy for publishers and internal users to create product briefs, requirements, and user stories.
- Working within our Product Engineering team to deliver high-quality features that drive publisher outcomes and improve operational efficiency.
- Collaborating closely with our experts on SEO and natural language processing to leverage state-of-the-art capabilities like GPT-3 to provide guidance on producing the most compelling content.
- Using data and metrics to track progress and introduce constant improvements.
- Balancing big-picture vision with attention to detail in execution.
The skills and experience you’ll bring to the job:
- 5+ years of experience as a product manager in the Internet/web space, with a track record of successfully managing the full product lifecycle.
- 3+ years of direct experience with affiliate commerce.
- Familiarity with the affiliate landscape, including key companies in the business, opportunities, and challenges.
- Superb and persuasive written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to analyze data, build compelling stories, and align diverse stakeholders around a unified vision.
- Proven ability to collaborate with engineering teams to rapidly deliver and iterate on new product features.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher.
- Experience working on a fully remote team.
- Experience in a startup or similar fast-moving, entrepreneurial environment.
CafeMedia’s mission is to build a creator-first future. We empower the world’s best creators and independent publishers to grow thriving businesses for the long term. Under our CafeMedia and AdThrive brands, we manage digital advertising sales and technology and a growing number of services for more than 3,600 creators and independent publishers. We make it easy for them to focus on what they do best — produce great content.
Our passion and expertise have made us a leader in advertising and creator services. Today we rank as the 7th largest digital property in the U.S. and #1 in Food, Home, and Lifestyle--with a reach of nearly 187M monthly unique visitors in the U.S. alone.
To learn more about working at CafeMedia, visit: https://cafemedia.com/careers/
CafeMedia is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion. We believe we are most impactful when people with a wide range of backgrounds, experiences, and identities come together with a common purpose. We encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply. CafeMedia is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please reach out to a member of our recruiting team.