Director, Product Management - Affiliate Commerce
We are looking for a seasoned product leader to help our thousands of independent content creators expand into affiliate commerce. With the largest scale in Food, Home, Family, Travel, and other key verticals, we're already the leader in serving our publishers' advertising needs, and now we want to offer ways for these publishers to diversify and further increase their revenue.
As a key member of the technical team focused on affiliate commerce, you’ll be instrumental in shaping and delivering on a completely new product and business opportunity that supports the open web.
What you’ll be doing:
- Developing a comprehensive understanding of the market opportunity and how we can build products to satisfy it. You’ll discover what publishers need, master the competitive landscape, define a product strategy and roadmap in collaboration with executive stakeholders, prioritize features, bring them to market, and iterate to increase adoption and revenue.
- Applying your deep understanding of and empathy for publishers and internal users to create product briefs, requirements, and user stories.
- Working within our Product Engineering team and with other stakeholders to deliver high-quality features that drive publisher outcomes and satisfaction and improve operational efficiency.
- Collaborating closely with our experts on SEO and natural language processing to leverage state-of-the-art capabilities like GPT-3 to provide guidance on producing the most compelling content.
- Using data and metrics to track progress and introduce constant improvements.
- Balancing big-picture vision with attention to detail in execution.
The skills and experience you’ll bring to the job:
- 5+ years of experience as a product manager for customer-facing web apps.
- A track record of understanding a greenfield product opportunity and delivering a successful product to service the market.
- Strong strategic product management skills, paired with the ability to execute.
- Superb and persuasive written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to analyze data, build compelling stories, and align diverse stakeholders around a unified vision.
- Proven ability to collaborate with engineering teams to rapidly deliver and iterate on new product features.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher.
Nice to have:
- Familiarity with the affiliate landscape, including key companies in the business, opportunities, and challenges.
- Basic SQL skills so you can dig into data on your own.
- Experience with, or building tools for, WordPress.
- Experience working on a fully remote team.
- Experience in a startup or similar fast-moving, entrepreneurial environment.
CafeMedia’s mission is to build a creator-first future. We empower the world’s best creators and independent publishers to grow thriving businesses for the long term. Under our CafeMedia and AdThrive brands, we manage digital advertising sales and technology and a growing number of services for more than 4,000 creators and independent publishers. We make it easy for them to focus on what they do best — produce great content.
Our passion and expertise have made us a leader in advertising and creator services. Today we rank as the 9th largest digital property in the U.S. and #1 in Food, Home, and Lifestyle--with a reach of nearly 188M monthly unique visitors in the U.S. alone
The base salary range for this position is $120,000-$210,000. The range provided is CafeMedia’s reasonable estimate of the annualized base compensation for this role. The actual amount may be higher or lower, based on non-discriminatory factors such as experience, geographic location, knowledge, skills and abilities.
To learn more about working at CafeMedia, visit: https://cafemedia.com/careers/
CafeMedia is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion. We believe we are most impactful when people with a wide range of backgrounds, experiences, and identities come together with a common purpose. We encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply. CafeMedia is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please reach out to a member of our recruiting team.