Analyst, Data and Analytics
CafeMedia empowers over 4,000 premium publishers, with a collective reach of over 185MM monthly unique visitors (#9 largest Comscore property), to make a living doing what they love – producing great content – while we manage the advertising for them. From food to home to news and technology and more, we represent the influential voices who make the internet a better place. As the largest exclusive publisher network, we have a unique capability to build innovative products that span across publishers, advertisers, and consumers.
CafeMedia is seeking a Data Analyst, Data & Analytics to join our team. Your mission is to leverage our vast data set to surface meaningful insights that drive decision-making across the business. This role will focus on developing and optimizing how we acquire, ingest, organize, and surface data to provide value to our internal teams and support our publishers. Given the broad scope of this effort, the ideal candidate will be driven by understanding and improving work processes and developing solutions that potentially use a wide variety of technologies.
As Data Analyst, Data and Analytics, you will be responsible for helping to derive meaningful insights from large amounts of data, building metrics, finding answers, and creating dependable, repeatable solutions.
What you’ll be doing
- Analyzing data and translating that information into digestible dashboards and reports.
- Assuring that research dashboards and reports are consistent, accurate, and timely.
- Supporting the development of visually compelling and insightful reports and dashboards.
- Collaborating with business intelligence developers to automate reporting and visualizations.
- Answering key business questions about trends, content, and performance.
- Understanding the data needs of different stakeholders across multiple business verticals, including Finance, Marketing, Product, and Publisher Support.
- Partnering with product and technology to ensure performance, stability, and future-proofing of all data production and accessibility points.
The skills and experience you’ll bring to the job
- Degree in Analytics or Business or comparable experience with a technical background.
- Experience in the analytical role; experience working in digital media a plus
- Strong communicator: ability to translate data into a cohesive narrative and strong visualization that supports actionable recommendations.
- Knowledge of business intelligence tools (Looker / Tableau / Sigma) and delivering reports in Google Slides or similar formats.
- Analytical thinker: the drive to go beyond the data and understand the why behind performance and trends.
- Understanding of Google Analytics and Google Ads Manager.
- Desire to Learn: learning new tools and systems while maintaining quality and attention to detail. A self-starter who is resourceful with a detail-oriented mindset and uses resources at hand to search for answers and strengthen understanding of projects and tools.
- Subject matter expertise: familiarity with online publishing, and online advertising a plus.
- Attention to detail: quality and accuracy are essential to being successful
CafeMedia’s mission is to build a creator-first future. We empower the world’s best creators and independent publishers to grow thriving businesses for the long term. Under our CafeMedia and AdThrive brands, we manage digital advertising sales and technology and a growing number of services for more than 4,000 creators and independent publishers. We make it easy for them to focus on what they do best — produce great content.
Our passion and expertise have made us a leader in advertising and creator services. Today we rank as the 9th largest digital property in the U.S. and #1 in Food, Home, and Lifestyle--with a reach of nearly 188M monthly unique visitors in the U.S. alone.
The base salary range for this position is $50,000-$100,000. The range provided is CafeMedia’s reasonable estimate of the annualized base compensation for this role. The actual amount may be higher or lower, based on non-discriminatory factors such as experience, geographic location, knowledge, skills and abilities.
To learn more about working at CafeMedia, visit: https://cafemedia.com/careers/
CafeMedia is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion. We believe we are most impactful when people with a wide range of backgrounds, experiences, and identities come together with a common purpose. We encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply. CafeMedia is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please reach out to a member of our recruiting team.