Director, Publisher Development
CafeMedia is seeking a results-driven Director of Publisher Development to acquire and grow new customers for the line of business dedicated to our largest and most strategic publishers.
The Director of Publisher Development will identify, cultivate and close a book of business of qualified, independent publishers in this full-cycle sales and business development role. The ideal candidate is an expert in the art of solution selling and has demonstrated discipline and consistency in their career, providing great value to publishers throughout the sales process.
They are a programmatic expert with a publisher-first mentality and the gravitas to demonstrate the value of CafeMedia’s Ad Management (CAM) services to the C-Suite. They will take a consultative approach to develop deep customer relationships and collaborate closely with a number of internal, cross-functional teams, including Marketing, Publisher Support, and Strategy, reporting to the VP of Publisher Development.
CafeMedia empowers more than 4,000 premium publisher organizations with a collective reach of over 185MM monthly unique visitors (#9 largest ComScore property), to focus their efforts on differentiating and diversifying their businesses - while we manage the advertising, and an increasing number of services, for them. From food to home to news, sports, technology, and more, we represent the influential voices that make the internet a better and more open place. As the largest exclusive sales house, with direct access to code-on-page and underlying datasets, we have a unique capability to build innovative products and services that span across publishers, advertisers, and consumers. With our scale and market position, we have the opportunity to create one of the defining companies of the next generation of digital media.
What you’ll be doing
- Evangelize CafeMedia as the best-in-class ad management service and solution for premium independent publishers
- Develop and manage an end-to-end sales pipeline, from prospecting to qualification and analysis, deal negotiation, and execution
- Use CRM tools to accurately track deal activities, forecast, measure Sales KPIs and progress toward new business and revenue goals
- Attend and speak at industry events and thought leadership forums
- Participate in planning and implementation of CAM customer acquisition strategy
- Create collateral and processes that support new business growth
- Represent the voice of the customer in feature development prioritization and product roadmap planning
- Contribute to broader CafeMedia business development efforts
The skills and experience you’ll bring to the role
- 8+ years in AdTech, SaaS sales - experience working with publishers or sell-side technology
- Has an existing network of publisher contacts
- Extensive knowledge of the digital advertising ecosystem and programmatic media buying/selling
- Track record of consistently meeting/exceeding new business and revenue targets
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills
- Team player with a growth mindset and drive to win
- Bachelor’s or equivalent
CafeMedia’s mission is to build a creator-first future. We empower the world’s best creators and independent publishers to grow thriving businesses for the long term. Under our CafeMedia and AdThrive brands, we manage digital advertising sales and technology and a growing number of services for more than 4,000 creators and independent publishers. We make it easy for them to focus on what they do best — produce great content.
Our passion and expertise have made us a leader in advertising and creator services. Today we rank as the 9th largest digital property in the U.S. and #1 in Food, Home, and Lifestyle--with a reach of nearly 188M monthly unique visitors in the U.S. alone.
The base salary range for this position is $90,000-$170,000. The range provided is CafeMedia’s reasonable estimate of the annualized base compensation for this role. The actual amount may be higher or lower, based on non-discriminatory factors such as experience, geographic location, knowledge, skills and abilities.
To learn more about working at CafeMedia, visit: https://cafemedia.com/careers/
CafeMedia is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion. We believe we are most impactful when people with a wide range of backgrounds, experiences, and identities come together with a common purpose. We encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply. CafeMedia is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please reach out to a member of our recruiting team.