Senior Full-Stack Engineer - Affiliate Commerce
We are looking for a seasoned, enthusiastic full-stack engineer with affiliate commerce experience to join us as we expand product offerings for our publishers into the affiliate commerce space, helping creators who have authority and expertise in particular subject areas diversify and increase their revenue. As part of our recently formed Product Engineering team, you’ll move fast to deliver new features that create value and delight for our publishers and supercharge operational efficiency, including leveraging our investments in machine learning and natural language processing. You’ll be instrumental in collaboratively delivering a meaningful new product and business opportunity that supports the open web.
What you’ll be doing:
- Building applications to support our affiliate commerce efforts.
- Applying natural-language processing capabilities to help guide writers to produce the most engaging, effective content.
- Collaborating with our product managers and other engineers to deliver a compelling, coherent user experience.
- Finding ways to scale our offerings and improve operational efficiency.
The skills and experience you’ll bring to the job:
- Experience developing applications to support affiliate commerce.
- 5+ years’ experience designing, implementing, testing, shipping, and maintaining web applications and REST APIs.
- Production experience in a dynamic programming language and an associated web framework. Python is experience is a plus, but specific technologies are less important than willingness to learn; we’re happy to cross-train.
- Experience in using third-party APIs, collecting data from multiple sources, handling issues with access or data quality, and being resilient in a distributed environment.
- Expertise in implementing Single Page Applications. Experience with React is a plus.
- Strong data modeling skills, and expertise in scaled SQL database systems such as Postgres, MySQL, or Oracle.
- Experience building in a cloud environment, using containers, scaling applications, etc.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Comfortable in the dynamic environment of new product development as well as major upgrades. Able to deliver quality products even as priorities change in new product iteration, and work collaboratively with other teams.
- Demonstrates ownership, initiative and the desire to build great products that delight our customers.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent experience.
- Experience working on a fully remote team.
- Experience with WordPress or other major CMSes.
- Interest (better yet, experience) in machine learning and natural language processing customers.
CafeMedia’s mission is to build a creator-first future. We empower the world’s best creators and independent publishers to grow thriving businesses for the long term. Under our CafeMedia and AdThrive brands, we manage digital advertising sales and technology and a growing number of services for more than 3,600 creators and independent publishers. We make it easy for them to focus on what they do best — produce great content.
Our passion and expertise have made us a leader in advertising and creator services. Today we rank as the 7th largest digital property in the U.S. and #1 in Food, Home, and Lifestyle--with a reach of nearly 187M monthly unique visitors in the U.S. alone.
To learn more about working at CafeMedia, visit: https://cafemedia.com/careers/
CafeMedia is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion. We believe we are most impactful when people with a wide range of backgrounds, experiences, and identities come together with a common purpose. We encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply. CafeMedia is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please reach out to a member of our recruiting team.