Sr. Director of Product Management, Data Platform
CafeMedia is seeking a Sr. Director of Product Management - Data Platform to join our team!
At CafeMedia, our success is fueled by data. Every day, a huge amount of data must be retrieved, transformed, and made available to our publishers and internal users. The CafeMedia Data Platform team creates and manages the technology that makes all this possible. In this role, you will be the product leader for this team, and together you will take our data platform to the next level as our company data needs grow.
The high-level mission for this role is: increase CafeMedia’s data analysis and product edge by building out and improving our data retrieval and analysis platform for publisher and market data.
What you’ll be doing:
- Move the needle on metrics that matter: data quality, data reliability, and fast access to data that matters.
- Leverage your expertise and input from stakeholders to create a well thought-out vision and roadmap for our data platform
- Work side-by-side with the data platform engineering team using agile processes to build out and improve the data platform to meet the needs of the business
- Meet regularly with internal data stakeholders to understand and prioritize their needs, so they have the data they require to drive business results
- Manage and mentor a team of PMs while still driving your own product workstreams
The skills and experience you’ll bring to the job:
- Deep expertise in technical product management
- Experience managing and mentoring technical product managers
- Proven experience building and working with large scale enterprise data platforms
- Expertise with data platform technologies including cloud data warehouses, relational and NoSQL databases, managed ETL services, logging and alerting systems, and workflow management tools.
- Experience in digital advertising landscape (ad servers, RTB, PMP, DSPs, DMPs) is a big plus
- Excellent problem solving skills and the ability to work as part of a great team or independently as needed
- Comfortable with agile (scrum) product development and collaborating with multiple teams to deliver product features that are dependent on other product teams
- Ability to articulate and influence other product teams to help them see the value of the problem we are solving and get necessary buy-in
- Experience partnering cross-functionally with teams spanning across sales/operations, product, engineering, marketing, customer success
- Self-motivated individual with strong communication(written and verbal), leadership, judgment, planning, and decision-making skills
- Demonstrated prior success within a fast-moving product development culture, bringing cross-functional projects to closure
CafeMedia’s mission is to build a creator-first future. We empower the world’s best creators and independent publishers to grow thriving businesses for the long term. Under our CafeMedia and AdThrive brands, we manage digital advertising sales and technology and a growing number of services for more than 3,600 creators and independent publishers. We make it easy for them to focus on what they do best — produce great content.
Our passion and expertise have made us a leader in advertising and creator services. Today we rank as the 7th largest digital property in the U.S. and #1 in Food, Home, and Lifestyle--with a reach of nearly 187M monthly unique visitors in the U.S. alone.
To learn more about working at CafeMedia, visit: https://cafemedia.com/careers/
CafeMedia is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion. We believe we are most impactful when people with a wide range of backgrounds, experiences, and identities come together with a common purpose. We encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply. CafeMedia is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please reach out to a member of our recruiting team.