Staff Data Engineer - Affiliate Commerce
CafeMedia is building an ambitious new affiliate commerce platform to extend the reach of more than 4,000 of the web’s most distinctive independent publishers. We’re looking for extremely talented and seasoned engineers who crave the challenge of driving innovation in a small, empowered team that has the backing of a long-established and growing company ranked #8 by Comscore. We have a remote-first culture, and a beautiful office in Manhattan if that’s your thing; remote U.S. candidates are encouraged to apply.
What you will be doing:
- You’ll design scalable, reliable, maintainable, and extensible systems to ingest data from a variety of sources, make connections, generate insights, and integrate with our products.
- You’ll act as an individual contributor with the initiative of a leader – not as a people manager, but as a technical flag-bearer.
- You’ll be a stellar communicator who empathizes with customer needs and collaborates effectively with product managers, senior leaders, engineers, and diverse stakeholders.
- You’ll be up for tackling any challenge, from developing the first version of a greenfield product, to determining how we can extend our use of AI-driven optimization into this new area.
The skills and experience you bring to the job:
- Extensive experience as a data-focused engineer designing database schemas and performing ETL
- Skilled at crafting and building robust backend data services
- Strong data modeling and tuning skills in scaled SQL database systems such as Snowflake, Postgres, MySQL, or Oracle
- Experience with Airflow or similar alternatives
- Expertise managing data with cloud platforms like AWS, GCP, and/or Snowflake
- Experience working with Big Data technologies such as Hadoop, Hive, Spark, Presto, Kafka, etc.
- Deep commitment to data integrity and an understanding of data semantics
- Proficiency in object-oriented and/or functional programming languages (Python is a plus)
- Strong dedication to code and data quality, automation and operational excellence: unit/integration tests, scripts, workflows
- Curiosity, pragmatism, and flexibility
- Excellent written and verbal communication and collaboration skills
- Interest in or experience with modern AI technology and tools, from Github Copilot to ML optimization or NLP tools like GPT-3, is a plus
- Prior experience in affiliate commerce is a plus
CafeMedia’s mission is to build a creator-first future. We empower the world’s best creators and independent publishers to grow thriving businesses for the long term. Under our CafeMedia and AdThrive brands, we manage digital advertising sales and technology and a growing number of services for more than 4,000 creators and independent publishers. We make it easy for them to focus on what they do best — produce great content.
Our passion and expertise have made us a leader in advertising and creator services. Today we rank as the 7th largest digital property in the U.S. and #1 in Food, Home, Family and Lifestyle--with a reach of nearly 183M monthly unique visitors in the U.S. alone.
The base salary range for this position is $175,000-$250,000. The range provided is CafeMedia’s reasonable estimate of the annualized base compensation for this role. The actual amount may be higher or lower, based on non-discriminatory factors such as experience, geographic location, knowledge, skills and abilities.
To learn more about working at CafeMedia, visit: https://cafemedia.com/careers/
CafeMedia is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion. We believe we are most impactful when people with a wide range of backgrounds, experiences, and identities come together with a common purpose. We encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply. CafeMedia is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please reach out to a member of our recruiting team.