Senior QA Automation Engineer - Affiliate Commerce
We are looking for a quick-witted Senior QA Engineer to join us as we expand product offerings for our publishers into the affiliate commerce space, helping creators who have authority and expertise in particular subject areas diversify and increase their revenue. You will be responsible for tracking, maintaining, and improving the quality of our new affiliate products. Day-to-day you will break new features, ask tough questions, catch regressions, and make quality a part of every release cycle. The ideal person for this role is an excellent communicator and fast learner with a unique ability to see the product from the user's perspective and a willingness to dive deep into data to ferret out surprises and anomalies. We work in a fast-paced environment where things can change quickly, so you will have to stay on your toes and make use of your maximum communication skills in order to succeed.
What you can expect in the role:
First three months - you’ll be getting oriented, understanding product strategy, helping do whatever it takes to ship some initial proofs of concept with high quality, helping select an automation framework, and beginning to build automation for the most crucial components of our product.
Three to six months - you’ll lean into automation to help improve velocity and quality, while recognizing that we will sometimes have to ship before automation can catch up. That means some manual testing in the short term, though emphasizing automation wherever possible.
From there - you’ll be leading testing with automation, and still using manual testing on an occasional basis as needed to cover things where automation isn't practical or efficient.
What you’ll be doing:
- Testing interfaces and APIs for defects as part of the release cycle, using a combination of automated and manual tests.
- Using SQL to dig into data and ensure that the systems generating it are producing high-quality results.
- Helping ensure predictability and reliability of our released products.
- Assessing risk and prioritizing issues based on impact to publishers and development cost.
- Writing and executing testing plans for larger project releases.
- Following up to ensure bugs are resolved.
- Giving feedback to developers on ways the product can be improved.
- Modeling an ethos of quality and reliability that enables speed and nimbleness.
The skills and experience you’ll bring to the job:
- Proficient in using automation to build a repeatable, scalable, and increasingly comprehensive set of tests.
- Comfortable with a variety of testing and automation tools (Postman, Swagger, Selenium, or others) and programming/scripting languages (Python is a plus).
- Strong debugging and data analysis skills.
- Strong knowledge of SQL.
- Experience testing modern web applications and APIs.
- An insatiable curiosity and desire to identify problems that others might not see.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related discipline.
Nice to Haves:
- Experience working on a fully remote team.
- Experience in affiliate commerce.
CafeMedia’s mission is to build a creator-first future. We empower the world’s best creators and independent publishers to grow thriving businesses for the long term. Under our CafeMedia and AdThrive brands, we manage digital advertising sales and technology and a growing number of services for more than 4,000 creators and independent publishers. We make it easy for them to focus on what they do best — produce great content.
Our passion and expertise have made us a leader in advertising and creator services. Today we rank as the 9th largest digital property in the U.S. and #1 in Food, Home, and Lifestyle--with a reach of nearly 188M monthly unique visitors in the U.S. alone
The base salary range for this position is $100,000-$180,000. The range provided is CafeMedia’s reasonable estimate of the annualized base compensation for this role. The actual amount may be higher or lower, based on non-discriminatory factors such as experience, geographic location, knowledge, skills and abilities.
To learn more about working at CafeMedia, visit: https://cafemedia.com/careers/
CafeMedia is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion. We believe we are most impactful when people with a wide range of backgrounds, experiences, and identities come together with a common purpose. We encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply. CafeMedia is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please reach out to a member of our recruiting team.